- Mailing Address
2000 W. University St.
Siloam Springs, Arkansas 72761
- (479) 524-9500
- Email address
- School Information
- "John Brown University is a leading private Christian university, training students to honor God and serve others since 1919. Arkansas’ top-ranked regional university (U.S. News Best Colleges, 2019), JBU enrolls more than 2,100 students from 38 states and 53 countries in its traditional undergraduate, graduate, online and concurrent education programs. JBU offers more than 40 majors, with top programs including engineering, nursing, family and human services, biology, graphic design and construction management" (Source: https://www.linkedin.com/school/john-brown-university/).
- General Information
- John Brown University has created an Office of Diversity. In addition, the university instituted a Campus Diversity Planning Committee. A Reconciliation Studies Minor was formed. The university offers a few courses discussing diversity and race. At this time, no mandatory Critical Race Training is required. However, see developments below:
JBU states that, "Committed to strengthening diversity on campus, JBU established the Office of Diversity, led by Dr. Ted Song, Chief Diversity Officer. The office, in conjunction with the Diversity Committee, coordinates various efforts on campus that encourage and celebrate the diversity of God’s kingdom."
The school states that, "The JBU Campus Diversity Planning Committee is devoted to cultivating a culturally inclusive environment where diversity of thought, experience and expression are valued, respected, welcomed and celebrated. The committee honors our diversity statement, serving as a campus resource to provide vision, information, advocacy and coordination for diversity-related events, activities, initiatives and discussions."
Critical Race Training Courses Offered
- CNL 7033 Social and Cultural Foundations in Counseling
- POL 3253 Politics and Race in America
- COM 2433 Diversity and Media Issues
- IDS 1211 Diversity Colloquium
- ED 2713 Differentiated Learning
- ED 4851 Seminar: Elementary Education
- EN 3513 International Problem Solving
- FAM 2313 Professional Ethics and Practice
- INT 3273 Cross Cultural Business Intelligence